Apple has made several improvements to focus modes in iOS 16 and one of them is the ability to change iphone lock screen with a specific focus mode. With a large number of personalization options that can now be applied to lock screens, you can customize them to express your individuality.
One of the useful features of iOS 16 allows you to make the lock screen more informative and functional, as well as switch between different lock screens. For example, when you’re in the office, you might have a lock screen with work-focused widgets and a family photo as a splash screen. Or in the evening when you’re relaxing before bed, you might prefer a lock screen with minimal widgets and a soothing sunset wallpaper.
By linking the lock screen to focus mode, you can automatically switch lock screens at a set time or even at a set location. The above shows how you can link lock screens to existing focus modes by pressing the Focus button that appears in the lock screen selection mode, accessed from your iPhone’s active lock screen with a long press.
You can also select a lock screen when creating a new focus mode in settings.
This article shows you how to set up your iPhone with iOS 16 so that the lock screens change automatically depending on the time of day or your location.
Create a focus mode that change iPhone lock screen
Let’s assume that you have already created a custom lock screen that will be activated when your work day ends. Now you need to associate it with the focus mode.
- On iPhone, go to Settings -> Focus and tap the + icon in the top right corner of the screen to create a new focus mode.
- Select Custom , give it a name and icon, and then click Next.
- Customize the focus mode for you – select the people and apps you want to receive notifications from when this focus is active, and then in the Customize screens section, select the lock screen (first screen).
- Create a new lock screen or choose one of the existing lock screens .
- Once you’ve linked your lock screen, tap ” Add Automation ” under the “Auto-Turn On” section.
- On the New Automation screen, select Time or Location .
- Choose the time you would like your focus to be activated.
Now when this focus mode is activated, the lock mode associated with it will also become active.
iOS 16 is currently in beta testing, with Apple fixing bugs and developers updating their apps. The public release of iOS 16 is expected this fall around October.