Confirming two-step verification is already a reality for almost all users on many platforms.
Here at Techswizz we will show you how to enable two-step verification on PINTEREST and increase the security of your account on the social network for sharing photos and images.
Users who have more than one Pinterest account need to register an additional phone number for the process.
How two-Step Verification Works on PINTEREST
If the user chooses to set up 2-Step Verification on Pinterest, they will need to enter their password and a verification code each time they log in to the social network. After setup, an email will be sent to confirm that 2-Step Verification is enabled on the Pinterest account.
You can enter a phone number to set up 2-Step Verification , but if verification is for more than one account, additional phone numbers capable of receiving SMS messages will be required.
How to enable two-step verification on PINTEREST step by step
To activate, a few steps are needed within the platform itself to complete the two-step verification:
- Sign in to Pinterest from your computer.
- Click the arrow icon in the top right corner and select “Settings” .
- Select « Security » on the right side of the screen.
- Check the box next to “ Require code when signing in ”.
- Confirm the password and click “ Next ”.
- Add the phone number and click « Next » again.
- Check the reception of the SMS with a code.
- Enter the « Verification Code » and click on « Verify «.
An important tip after activating two-step verification is to write down the backup code and keep it in a safe place . With two-step verification active and no access to the registered phone, this backup code will be the only way to enter the platform.
How to disable?
- On your computer, go to Pinterest.
- Click on the arrow icon in the upper right corner and select « Settings «.
- Click on « Security » on the left side of the screen.
- Uncheck the box next to ” Require code at login “.
- Confirm the password and click Deactivate.
Change mobile number in two-factor authentication
If you no longer have access to the phone number you used to activate 2-Step Verification, you ‘ll need to add the new phone number to your Pinterest account by contacting Support.