The ChatGPT artificial intelligence model developed by OpenAI has sparked controversy recently, due to its amazing abilities in conducting conversations and responding to inquiries in a linguistically natural way, in addition to its ability to write code or code and solve programming problems, in addition to its ability to write short scenarios, summarize videos, or even write songs, compose music, and others.
What is ChatGPT?
Table of Contents
OpenAI, a company that aims to research and discover the best ways to take advantage of AI technologies and avoid potential risks, said that the ChatGPT it is developing is a linguistic model of artificial intelligence, a model capable of interacting with users through conversation, including answering even complex questions.
The ChatGPT linguistic model is based on the GPT-3.5 model that OpenAI has been developing for years, but with its training to provide the ability to conduct conversations or provide answers through conversation, where the GPT-3 artificial intelligence model relies on analyzing and producing texts simply by obtaining a series of words or a short description similar to text-to-image models, ChatGPT interacts with users’ inquiries in a more human-like way, and the results show that the model can conduct the conversation smoothly and in a way Natural.
OpenAI explained that it developed the chatbot or artificial intelligence model that ChatGPT relies on with the help of human trainers to classify and evaluate responses to queries provided by early versions, and then re-enter the answers after correcting and evaluating them so that the model can improve its answers to suit the preferences of trainers or users’ personal preferences.
How to benefit from ChatGPT? Uses
While OpenAI’s ChatGPT artificial intelligence model can be relied upon to get answers to questions, including difficult ones, such as the Google Assistant or the Apple Siri voice assistant in iPhone phones such as iPhone 14 Pro and others, the model has greater capabilities that make it able to help users in many cases such as:
- Debug code to help programmers, which is one of the examples presented by OpenAI to illustrate the capabilities of the model, by chatting directly and sending code or code.
- Assistance in writing or creating a CV, for example, the user has to request: “Writing a CV for a programmer job with specific experiences”, and ChatGPT can also request ChatGPT’s help in modifying the CV.
- Content creation: including writing creative scripts, composing songs, writing scripts for videos, and more, which also allows content producers to get a better version of their scripts in terms of style or practice screenwriting and creative content.
- Creating creative images from text, OpenAI develops a sophisticated AI model capable of converting text into DALLE-2 images.
- Composing creative jokes: The AI model can also be relied upon to ask for a joke on a topic, for example: when asking for a joke about Apple not launching an iPhone with a foldable screen similar to the Galaxy Z Fold 4, he responded with a joke: “Why hasn’t Apple made any foldable smartphones yet? Because they can’t figure out how to fold their prices!”
- Explain complex topics simply.
- Solve mathematical equations step by step.
- Get tips on romantic relationships.
- Unlike Google Translate, the ChatGPT model provides content creation in multiple languages at the same time, allowing content creators and marketers to write content aimed at speakers of different languages in the best possible way.
- Assist in preparing for job interviews or job interviews.
- Write rich articles on almost any topic.
- Summarize scientific papers or research.
- ChatGPT is an ideal companion for chatting, unlike other chatbots or bots that used to provide chat by default based on artificial intelligence AI.
- Guidance for weight loss or getting guidance to help you lose weight.
But users can discover more ways to take advantage of the capabilities of the ChatGpt AI model, with some saying it is capable of summarizing videos from YouTube.
How to use ChatGPT?
The ChatGPT model for the experiment is now available via the web through the OpenAI website, the user only has to access the company’s website and then click on TRY ChatGPT, but access to the service, website, or advanced artificial intelligence model is limited to some countries so far.
Is the ChatGPT app available?
While OpenAI provides access to GPT chat through the web, the company
does not provide any applications associated with the artificial intelligence model, nor has it announced any partnership with any other application or company that provides applications based on ChatGPT, so beware of installing any applications that claim to do so.
OpenAI officially made available the GPT chat app for iPhone in May 2023 and confirmed that it is working to provide a version of the application for Android users that will be available soon.
Does the ChatGPT AI model always provide correct answers?
While the AI-based ChatGPT chatbot provides incredibly accurate answers, it is important to verify all the information it provides before using it, and as a precaution not to use the information it provides to make critical health or financial decisions without thorough verification.
Sam Altman, CEO of the company that developed the OpenAI model, said it’s a mistake to rely on ChatGPT for anything important right now, as it’s still in the preview stage and that the company still has a lot of work to do to verify credibility.
What is the difference between ChatGPT and Google search?
Google search provides answers to users’ queries based on searching intelligently within content or sites on the Internet, which means that the user is always able to verify search results, with Google constantly developing algorithms to combat misleading or unwanted content, while Chatgpt provides faster and smarter results that mimic the way humans respond, but verifying the results may need more effort.
Chatgpt helps programmers save time and effort
Programmers or those who want to learn programming can also rely on Chatgpt to save time and effort, due to its great capabilities based on artificial intelligence techniques, in many ways, most notably:
- Interpretation of codes: All the user has to copy the code and ask for its interpretation or clarification of its function.
- Code optimization: GPT chat can also be used to request suggestions to improve the code or code.
- Rewrite the code using the correct pattern.
- Simplify code: by proposing more efficient alternative codes.
- Suggest the best tools or methods to implement a software function.
- Tracking software vulnerabilities or bugs: The programmer must submit code and ask chatGPT to check the code and find bugs.
Useful ways to use ChatGPT
Here are a few useful ways to help you get the most out of GPT chat:
Explain complex topics simply
It is one of the most prominent ways that can be used from the ChatGPT model, where it is possible to request an explanation of any of the complex topics that the user does not know about in a simple way or in a way suitable for a child, the user only has to ask: “Explain to me (a topic, quantum computer, for example) as you explain to a five-year-old child”, or “Explain to me quantum physics at specific simple points”, and when using English that excels It has a lot more GPT chat, you can rely on “Explain me (topic) like i am in 5”.
Summarizing long articles in points
And if you do not have the time to read many long articles that interest you, you can rely on Chat GPT to get a summary or summary of them, all you have to do is ask: “Summarize this article for me: (link to the article) in specific points or simply”, or “Summarize me this article:(link)”, and Chatgpt displays a summary in Arabic as well when requesting an article summary even if it is in another language such as English or any other language.
Correction of linguistic errors
The Chat GPT model can also be relied on as an alternative to language correction tools such as Grammarly, the user only has to copy and paste any text they have written and ask to correct it or find errors, but the model works much better efficiently with texts in English.
Suggest titles for articles or videos
While Chatgpt can also be relied upon to suggest titles for articles or videos, such as asking for “Best Suggested Titles for (a Topic)”, a feature that works well with both English and Arabic, it’s best not to rely on the final titles it provides and adjust them according to the context or what suits each content.
Explanation of English grammar
If you are in the stage of learning foreign languages such as English or need to explain the rules of English to your child or one of the children, you can rely on the GPT chat in that, as it can explain the different rules of the English language and learn the difference between using sentence linking tools, for example, and others, all you have to do is ask to explain a rule or learn the difference between using two words or two conjunctions such as When or While for example.
Recommendations similar to favorite movies and series
Users can also take advantage of Chat GPT to get recommendations similar to favorite movies and series, by asking for suggestions to watch such as a series or movie you prefer, if you prefer, for example, in the Korean series The Squid Game, you can request a suggestion for similar series to display Chatgpt a complete list of suggestions or recommendations, with the possibility of requesting more suggestions or asking about the service through which these series or movies can be watched.