Good News to all Leagoo T8s users. Now you can now Download and install AOSP Android 10.0 Q For Leagoo T8s without any error. Today we will be giving you steps on How to flash the AOSP Android 10.0 Q custom Rom for Leagoo T8s; this ROM is based on Android 10.0 Q GSI with Treble Enabled.
The GSI stands for Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that system images can be installed on any device that is Treble-enabled, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to.
The full Credits goes to Phusson the XDA Recognized Developer the man behind the work of Project Treble GSI builds. With the help of Project treble, the Custom ROM development community has completely been boosted. We’ve seen the Mokee OS, Resurrection Remix, Pixel Experience, and Lineage OS has made their way to support most of the budget smartphone based on Lineage, Exynos, Kirin, and other obscure brands.
Leagoo T8s Key Spec
- Brand – Leagoo
- Model – T8s
- Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
- CPU – 4 x 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A53, 4 x 1.0GHz ARM Cortex-A53 CPU Clock
- Chipset – MediaTek MT6750T, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – ARM Mali-T860 MP2, 650MHz, 2-Cores
- Camera – 13 Megapixels with LED flashlight and AF Rear Camera | 8 Megapixel Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 4GB LPDDR3, 833MHz | ROM 32GB External Memory Support Up to 128GB
- Display – Screen size 5.5 inches FHD, IPS Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels), 16:9 Aspect Ratio
- Battery – Non-Removable 3080 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano SIM + Nano SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor
- Color – Gray, Gold
- Operating System – Android 7.0 Nougat
- I/O Interface – 2x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Micro USB, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone
- Dimensions -74.4 mm x 151.3 mm x 8.5 mm
- Weight – 160 Grams (with Battery)
- More Features – Metal Body Design, LTE Cat-6, HD+ Full View display, HSPA+ GPRS, EDGE, GPS, GLONASS, Fingerprint Scanner, Bluetooth, dual sim, front flash, Wi-Fi, MIC, Speaker, 100-240V 5V 2A AC adapter, Fast Charging Technology, OTG Support.
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this ROM
- This ROM will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Don’t worry we are going to share step by step guide to safely
Disclaimer We will not be responsible for any damages to your device that may happen while/after flashing this Android 10.0 Q. We don’t recommend you to try this ROM as a daily driver. So far this ROM worked smoothly on many devices. This ROM may or may not be completely stable.
How to Flash AOSP Android 10.0 Q for Leagoo T8s
Please do follow the below guide to enjoy this Android 10.0 Q custom Rom for Leagoo T8s.
Flash the GSI AOSP Using ADB Fastboot Method
Now, this method requires you have ADB and fastboot tool setup on your computer.
- Firstly, Download the Generic System Image Aosp Custom Rom for Leagoo T8s on your computer.
- Next Factory reset your Android device.
- Copy the downloaded GSI Rom your ADB and fastboot folder. Usually, it’s in C Drive, C:\adb.
- While in the ADB folder, hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and then right-click on an empty space inside the folder to give your the following pop up showing on the below image.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
- Enable USB debugging on your device and connect it to the PC.
- Reboot your smartphone into the bootloader mode using this ADB command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to install GSI Rom on your Leagoo T8s
fastboot flash system “system_img_name”.img
- In the above command, replace the system_img_name with the actual GSI Rom file name you downloaded.
- It flashing processing will take a while. After it complete, use the following command to reboot your Android device.
Flash the GSI USing TWRP Method
- Download GSI Android 10.0 Q Rom.
- Move it to your device external or internal storage.
- Switch off your device then > Press the following Combo Power + Vol Down button to boot into your TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, take a backup of your current Rom using TWRP.
- In the TWRP menu, To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on Leagoo T8s.
- Now go back to TWRP Menu then click on the install button you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- After the installation is done
- Reboot your device and enjoy the wonderful AOSP Android 10.0 Q for Leagoo T8s!
AOSP ROM and Gapps Package:
- AOSP Android 10 for Leagoo T8s [A only arm64]
- Android 10.0 Q Gapps Package or you can download OpenGapps 9.0