Good News to all Bq Aquaris C users. Now you can now Download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie For Bq Aquaris C (codenamed GM9PRO_sprout) without any error. Today we will be giving you steps on How to flash the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom; this ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Treble Enabled.
The GSI stands for Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that system images can be installed on any device that is Treble-enabled, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to.
The full Credits goes to Phusson the XDA Recognized Developer the man behind the work of Project Treble GSI builds. With the help of Project treble, the Custom ROM development community has completely been boosted. We’ve seen the Mokee OS, Resurrection Remix, Pixel Experience, and Lineage OS has made their way to support most of the budget smartphone based on Lineage, Exynos, Kirin, and other obscure brands.
Bq Aquaris C Key Spec
- Brand – BQ
- Model – Aquaris C
- CPU – Quad-Core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 308, 500MHz
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 MSM8917
- Camera – 13 Megapixel With AF and Dual-LED Flash | 5 Megapixel Front Camera with LED Flash
- RAM – 2GB | ROM 16GB External Memory Supports Up to 128GB (Uses SIM 2 Slot)
- Display – Screen size 5.45 inches IPS HD+ (1440×720 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM Dual Standby (Nano + Nano/microSD)
- Sensors -Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint
- Color – Black, White
- Operating System – Android 8.1 Oreo
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the major update of Google’s Android OS. This OS brings a couple of beautiful design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are Notch Support, Redesigned volume slider, New Quick Settings UI design, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Manual theme selection, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Android 9.0 Pie Feature List
- Adaptive Battery
- Dark Mode
- App Actions
- App Timer
- Adaptive Brightness
- Accessibility Menu
- Easier Text Selection
- New Screenshot Shortcut
- A New Home Button
- New Gesture Navigation
- Easier Screen Rotation
- Notification Details
- Indoor Navigation via Wi-Fi RTT
- An Improved DND Mode
- Lockdown Mode
- An Improved Message App
- All Apps use HTTPS
- The Media Panel
- ART Improvements
- 157 New Emojis
- Wind Down
- Multiple Camera Support
- Wi-Fi MAC Randomization
- WiFi only 5GHZ
- Wifi 2.5 GHZ Not Working
- NFC Not tested
- Bluetooth Not tested
VoLTE Not tested
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this ROM
- This ROM will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Don’t worry we are going to share step by step guide to safely
We will not be responsible for any damages to your device that may happen while/after flashing this Android 9.0 Pie. We don’t recommend you to try this ROM as a daily driver. So far this ROM worked smoothly on many devices. This ROM may or may not be completely stable.
How to Flash AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Bq Aquaris C
Please do follow the below guide to enjoy this Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Bq Aquaris C.
Flash the GSI AOSP Using ADB Fastboot Method
Now, this method requires you have ADB and fastboot tool setup on your computer.
- Firstly, Download the Generic System Image Rom on your computer.
- Next Factory reset your Android device.
- Copy the downloaded GSI Rom your ADB and fastboot folder. Usually, it’s in C Drive, C:\adb.
- While in the ADB folder, hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and then right-click on an empty space inside the folder to give your the following pop up showing on the below image.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
- Enable USB debugging on your device and connect it to the PC.
- Reboot your smartphone into the bootloader mode using this ADB command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to install GSI Rom on your Bq Aquaris C
fastboot flash system “system_img_name”.img
- In the above command, replace the system_img_name with the actual GSI Rom file name you downloaded.
- It flashing processing will take a while. After it complete, use the follow command to reboot your Adroid device.
Flash the GSI USing TWRP Method
- Download GSI Android 9.0 Pie Rom.
- Move it to your device external or internal storage.
- Switch off your device then > Press the following Combo Power + Vol Down button to boot into your TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, take a backup of your current Rom using TWRP.
- In the TWRP menu, To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on Bq Aquaris C.
- Now go back to TWRP Menu then click on the install button you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- After the installation is done
- Reboot your device and enjoy the wonderful AOSP Android 9.0 Pie For Bq Aquaris C!
AOSP ROM and Gapps Package: