Good News to all Tecno Camon 11 CF7 users. Now you can now Download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie For Tecno Camon 11 CF7(without any error. Today we will be giving you steps on How to flash the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom; this ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Treble Enabled.
The GSI stands for Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that system images can be installed on any device that is Treble-enabled, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to.
The full Credits goes to Phusson the XDA Recognized Developer the man behind the work of Project Treble GSI builds. With the help of Project treble, the Custom ROM development community has completely been boosted. We’ve seen the Mokee OS, Resurrection Remix, Pixel Experience, and Lineage OS has made their way to support most of the budget smartphone based on Lineage, Exynos, Kirin, and other obscure brands.
Tecno Camon 11 Key Specifications
- Dimension: 156.65 x 76.05 x 5.6 mm (H x W x D)
- Display: 6.2-inch Super FullView display in HD+ (1500 x 720 pixels) resolution and 19:9 aspect ratio
- Internal Storage: 16/32 GB ROM
- RAM: 2/3GB RAM
- Selfie: 16MP Front Camera with Flash, Face ID, and AR Emoji
- Rear Camera: Dual 13MP+ 2MP with Quad Flash
- CPU: 1.5GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MediaTek MT6761
- Operating system: HiOS v4.1, based on Android v8.1 Oreo
- Battery: 3750 mAh
- Sensors: G-Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor
- Colors: Bordeaux Red, Aqua Blue, Midnight Black
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the major update of Google’s Android OS. This OS brings a couple of beautiful design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are Notch Support, Redesigned volume slider, New Quick Settings UI design, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Manual theme selection, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Android 9.0 Pie Feature List
- Adaptive Battery
- Dark Mode
- App Actions
- App Timer
- Adaptive Brightness
- Accessibility Menu
- Easier Text Selection
- New Screenshot Shortcut
- A New Home Button
- New Gesture Navigation
- Easier Screen Rotation
- Notification Details
- Indoor Navigation via Wi-Fi RTT
- An Improved DND Mode
- Lockdown Mode
- An Improved Message App
- All Apps use HTTPS
- The Media Panel
- ART Improvements
- 157 New Emojis
- Wind Down
- Multiple Camera Support
- Wi-Fi MAC Randomization
- WiFi only 5GHZ
- Hotspot (To share hotspot connection with PC, install Pdanet app)
ROM name: AOSP ROM OS version: Android 9.0_r37 SDK Version: 27 Status: Stable Security patch level: May Current Stable Version: Unofficial Supported Language: Multi-Language Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
Device name: Tecno Camon 11 Device model: CF7 Device Stock OS: 8.1.0 Oreo Device chipset: MT6739 Device Kernel: 4.4.94+ Device architecture: 32bit Device bootloader: Unlocked
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this ROM
- This ROM will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Don’t worry we are going to share step by step guide to safely
Disclaimer We will not be responsible for any damages to your device that may happen while/after flashing this Android 9.0 Pie. We don’t recommend you to try this ROM as a daily driver. So far this ROM worked smoothly on many devices. This ROM may or may not be completely stable.
How to Flash AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Tecno Camon 11 CF7
Please do follow the below guide to enjoy this Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Tecno Camon 11 CF7.
Flash the GSI AOSP Using ADB Fastboot Method
Now, this method requires you have ADB and fastboot tool setup on your computer.
- Firstly, Download the Generic System Image Aosp Custom Rom for Tecno Camon 11 CF7 on your computer.
- Next Factory reset your Android device.
- Copy the downloaded GSI Rom your ADB and fastboot folder. Usually, it’s in C Drive, C:\adb.
- While in the ADB folder, hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and then right-click on an empty space inside the folder to give your the following pop up showing on the below image.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
- Enable USB debugging on your device and connect it to the PC.
- Reboot your smartphone into the bootloader mode using this ADB command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to install GSI Rom on your Tecno Camon 11 CF7
fastboot flash system “system_img_name”.img
- In the above command, replace the system_img_name with the actual GSI Rom file name you downloaded.
- It flashing processing will take a while. After it complete, use the following command to reboot your Android device.
Flash the GSI USing TWRP Method
- Download GSI Android 9.0 Pie Rom.
- Move it to your device external or internal storage.
- Switch off your device then > Press the following Combo Power + Vol Down button to boot into your TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, take a backup of your current Rom using TWRP.
- In the TWRP menu, To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on Tecno Camon 11 CF7.
- Now go back to TWRP Menu then click on the install button you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- After the installation is done
- Flash the Vendor file Via TWRP Recovery
- Reboot your device and enjoy the wonderful AOSP Android 9.0 Pie For Tecno Camon 11 CF7!
What’s included in the Vendor Mod – Updated
- Boot takes 30min to 1hr
- Fix bootloop and stock in boot
- Always reboots to recovery fix
- Notch overlay (not app overlay to notch)
- Data & signal strength ( switch one sim to 2g and other 4g)
- Hotspot (temp fix with Pda net)
- ADV fixes
- Others soon…
phhusson (Owner) Jackson Makinda (device maintainer) ElDainosor Raka Nurdin Letzen krule031 ezio84 Techswizz (for sharing)
AOSP ROM, Vendor, and Gapps Package:
- AOSP Tecno Camon 11 CF7 Rom
- Vendor for Camon 11
- Android 9.0 Pie Gapps Package or you can download OpenGapps 9.0.