The rhythm of life of a modern person is so intense that it is impossible to keep in memory all the necessary information. Meetings, letters, calls – the list of daily tasks can be entered into a regular notebook, but it is inconvenient to use it.
There are programs that are created for taking notes on a smartphone – a better option. In this review we look at the best note taking apps on Smartphone of them:
The best note taking apps
- Google keep
- ColorNote Notepad Notes
- Omni notes
- Standard notes
Google Keep – the perfect note in the “cloud”
The free application is available to all users of gadgets on Android OS 4.0.3 and higher. Keeping a list of purchases or important things has never been easier. Google Keep is suitable for adding short memos with different content:
- todo lists with marks of performance;
- photos, images;
- text and hyperlinks;
- voice memos (Google Keep automatically transforms them into text).
Features of the program:
- file sharing;
- quick navigation – the search is conducted by text or colour labels;
- content filtering by criteria: lists, images, links;
- selection of memos in different colours, the creation of labels, drawings;
- time reminders or geolocation; synchronization with Google Calendar.
Notes are regularly synchronized with the server. They are easy to open, either from your phone or tablet, or from your computer at keep.google.com.
ColorNote Notepad Notes – everyday organizer
A simple notepad application with a thoughtful and stylish interface.
Two versions of ColorNote are presented: a program for creating todo-lists and a widget for the desktop.
The main functions of the notepad organizer:
- grouping of memos by colour;
- Todo checklists;
- synchronization with the calendar via the Internet;
- password protection;
- placing bright reminders on the desktop, changing the type of the font;
- backup content to a memory card;
- sound notifications;
- custom view: table, list;
- advanced search by date, background colour, alphabet.
When recording, you can refer to other memos, contacts in your address book, Wikipedia terms.
Despite the lack of sharing, ColorNote notes manager is a worthy alternative to other similar programs.
FairNote: Maximum Security
Electronic notepad with an emphasis on content protection. Benefits:
- notes are not limited by the number of characters;
- Convenient sorting by topic – a different colour is selected for each;
- easy to share a note through other programs;
- text encryption, password setting;
- backup, integration with storage Dropbox, Google Drive;
- removal of shortcuts and widget on the desktop;
- import/export text files.
Notes are displayed on the screen as a list or grid; record types – text and checklist. Notes are sorted by date of writing, alphabetical, label or color. Reminders are a kind of safety net, they will inform you in time about a scheduled meeting or a friendly visit.
Free and paid versions of the application are available on Google Play. Features of the paid version:
- encrypt all files with one click;
- instead of a password, use a fingerprint scanner.
Synchronization between different devices and joint editing of files are not provided. This is perhaps the only noticeable flaw in the notebook.
Omni Notes – an option for older smartphones
Many owners of inexpensive (as an option – outdated) gadgets are looking for a simple and easy program with decent functionality that would not slow down on earlier versions of Android. Omni Notes will appreciate the flexible settings, easy navigation and other features.
What records can be made in it:
- a photo;
- lists with notes on the implementation of tasks.
After the note gets its name, various options appear: setting a reminder, adding a label, a list, attaching an attachment, including a multimedia one. Records are combined with each other.
Omni Notes allows you to:
- archive content;
- save backups;
- add shortcuts and widgets;
- save text notes dictated via the Google Now service;
- group content by tags and categories.
Filters are available for different criteria:
- date of creation/change;
- date reminder.
In addition to the above, the application supports co-editing by multiple users.
Evernote: not just a notebook
Evernote is a real organizer for students, managers and business representatives. Through sharing, employees can work on the same file from different devices. All information is synchronized.
A flexible search will find the specified text not only in electronic notes, PDF-files, but also in images. Other search settings: by date of creation or modification, source, tag.
Key features of Evernote:
- making lists with a list of cases;
- creation of notebooks, large-scale projects with access for the elite (business version);
- grouping by tags;
- placing shortcuts and widget on the desktop;
- setting reminders;
- backup notes and attachments.
Limitations of the free version of Evernote:
- You can use only two gadgets,
- Available traffic – 60 MB per month,
- Offline mode does not work.
Types of records:
- audio and video files;
- text with attachments;
- handwritten memo scanned through the application;
- copy of the web page.
Standard Notes: Reliability and Simplicity
The Standard Notes application provides a high level of security by protecting the contents of your notes from prying eyes. The user can set a password for the memo and activate fingerprint access.
The information is stored on the server in encrypted form. Unencrypted files are used for emailing or archiving.
Other Standard Notes options: archiving, synchronization, automatic backup to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive).
- by name;
- date of creation;
- date of adjustment.
Standard Notes supports only text forms without attachments and lists. There is no co-editing option.
Notes are displayed on the screen in the form of a list, it is possible to sort by name, date of creation and making changes.