If you are on this page, that means you are planning to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 9; then the first thing you must do is to enable OEM unlock option on your device. In this tutorial, we will try our best to explain how you can enable OEM unlock on Xiaomi Mi 9.
You need to do the following pre-requisite before you enable the OEM Unlock option. Enabling the OEM unlock is not only the option to unlocking your bootloader, but you also need to add Mi Account to the Mi Unlock Status option in the developer option.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Key Spec
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie (MIUI 10)
- Processor: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485) (Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Colours: Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black
- Dimension: 157.5 x 74.7 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 173g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 2340 x 1080 pixels (403 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Rear Camera: Triple 48MP + 12MP (telephoto) + 16MP (ultra-wide) camera, [email protected],[email protected]/240fps
- Rear Camera Features: 2x optical zoom, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 20MP camera, 1080p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE-A (4CA) Cat 16 1024/150Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 1.0
- Battery: 3, 300mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Wireless Charging: Yes, Fast Wireless Charging 20W
- Fast Charging: Yes, Quick Charge 4+
How To Enable OEM Unlock on Xiaomi Mi 9
- First, you need to activate the developer option on your Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Once it activated, Go back to your Settings and Tap on the Additional Settings option
- You will find a Developer option, tap on it
- Scroll and enable the OEM Unlock option.
- Next, is add your MI Account details to the Mi Unlock Status.
- That’s it! You have successfully enabled OEM Unlock on Xiaomi Mi 9.
If you have gotten your Unlock code from Xiaomi, then you can now quickly unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 9.