Thanks to XDA members who contributed to MTK development, Mediatek smartphone users can now be able to create their own Stock ROM and use it as a backup whenever serious matters occur to their loved devices. With the use of prepacked tools, MTK android
users no longer need many developers for their device because they can be one.
On this article, we will be guiding you on how to make your own Stock ROM, use it as your own backup and restore it through flashing from SP Flash Tool. Why from SP Flash Tool? With SP Flash Tool, even a corrupted, hard-bricked android device can still be revived and fixed which was considered the best method of repairing any android software problem.
On this tutorial, we will be using MTK Droid Tools to successfully make a flashable Stock ROM for our MediaTek devices.
- Any MTK android device running
a Stock ROM.
- Computer with Windows operating
- USB Cable
- At least 500 Mb free phone storage
- MTK USB Drivers – Download there (credits to the developer of this tool)
- MTK Droid Root and Tools –Download here
- ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery
Preparations (Please Read):
Make sure you have all the necessary requirements before proceeding or else, proceeding below will be just a waste. You must have the device in hand with CWM recovery. Download and install the MTK USB Drivers in your computer, it contains 6 other USB drivers needed to detect your device. Also, you must download MTK Droid Tools and install for the Backup/Creating of Stock Rom If all are ready, let’s proceed to the instructions.
Backup/Creating Stock ROM
- First, connect your phone to your connect using USB cable then install the MTK USB Drivers that will make MTK droid tool to detect your Phone when you launch it.
- You can either boot your MTK android device into CWM Recovery and connect your device to your computer using USB Cable or leave the phone on and connect your device
to your computer using USB Cable the later is the method i use to make backup/Creating Stock ROM.
- From your computer, Open MTK Droid Tools.exe, run it as administrator. Wait for the MTK droid tools to detected the Phone since you have installed the USB drivers.
- You will notice that color on the lower-left corner of the tool will turn cyan-blue if the Phone is off and Yellow if the Phone is on.
- On MTK Droid Tools, click on root, backup, recovery tab and click the Backup
button to start full stock ROM backup.
- Wait for the tool to backup your whole Stock ROM. You can see that the ROM backup will be saved on MtkDroidToolsbackupsPhonename
- Press NO, then it Pop-up asking you to “Pack-up the backup” it will not compress the backup you have made and what we need is the uncompressed ROM backup. Check the status message and check is the task is completed. “Task ended“. At this point, i mighty say well done you have successfully backup your Stock Rom but It is not done yet, we have to
prepare this backup to make it flashable through SP Flash Tool and more arranged To do it, click on
- To prepare blocks for Flash Tool. Note the Phone will still be connected to your computer and your MTK Droid tools open.
- A new window will appear asking for a .md5 file of the backup. So navigate to the MTK Droid Tools folder where your backup is found. Open the backup of that your phone you have created earlier and select the files.md5 click OPEN.
Wait for MTK Droid Tools to copy the files for SP Flash Tool, check the status messages until the copying is complete.
When the tool shows complete copy i will say Congratulation you have now
created the Stock ROM backup of your device!
We will be very HAPPY if you can share your Android stock Rom for us so that people with phone brick problem can download the stock rom. your contribution will be really appreciated. Do comment if you are successful and if you encounter any problem let us know.