Want to burn music to CD through your modern Mac with macOS Monterey or Big Sur? It can be done! We hope you still remember what a CD is. Below, we will guide you on how to burn music from Mac to CD.
How to burn music from Mac to CD
to a CD via Mac, you need an external Apple SuperDrive. Connect it to your Mac and proceed to the instructions.
- Open the Music app on your Mac.
- From the menu bar, choose File > New > Playlist .
- Give the playlist a name like “CD” and add the songs you want to burn to the playlist. This can be done by dragging and right-clicking > ” Add to playlist “.
- When you’re done creating your playlist, choose File > Burn Playlist to Disc from the menu bar.
- Select the type of CD (Audio CD) and click “Burn”.
- Insert a blank CD into the drive and wait for the burning to complete.
It will take some time to burn music to a disc, depending on the amount of music and the speed of the disc. It can be from 5 to 30 minutes. The disc will then be ready to be played on CD players.
For best results, it is better to use high-quality audio files. You can choose the highest quality to enjoy the sound to the fullest.
You can also burn files from Mac to CDs and DVDs through Finder. You can also burn music from CD to Mac.