You’ve upgraded to iOS 14 and you don’t like the operating system at all, or maybe you’ve noticed a lower performance than your iPhone had with iOS 13. If you hurry, you still have time to go back and downgrade.
Apple does not usually leave much time, but after a new update comes out you have a few days to go back and restore iOS 13 on your iPhone. If this is your case, these are the steps to follow.
How to downgrade your iPhone
Apple has a very meticulous system when it comes to updating the iPhone. After each version is installed, it must connect to Apple’s servers to obtain a signature. However, Apple only signs certain versions of its operating system.
After the release of a new update, there are several days during which Apple signs the two versions, in this case iOS 13.7 and iOS 14, so if you do it now, one day after the launch of iOS 14, you can restore iOS 13 . soon it will not be possible .
- The first thing you should do is download the iOS 13.7 IPSW from your device , it is best to access this website , which also tells us if Apple continues to sign it.
- Once downloaded, connect your iPhone to your computer or Mac and open iTunes . If you have one of the latest versions of macOS have the Finder and enter your iPhone.
- We hold down the Alt / Option key on Mac or Shift Key / Shift Key on Windows on the keyboard and click Restore .
- We select the iOS 13.7 IPSW firmware file that we have downloaded for our device.
- Our iPhone will be restored to iOS 13 if Apple still allows it.
Once the process is finished, our iPhone or iPad will have iOS 13 again, you can restore an iCloud or iTunes backup that is from iOS 13 , those from iOS 14 are not valid.