- This TWRP Recovery tutorial is only for Mate 8. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- This will void your warranty.
- Sony Sync should be installed with full working ADB/Fastboot before performing the tutorial.
Feature Of The TWRP Recovery
How to Install TWRP 3.0.2 Custom Recovery On Huawei Mate 8
1. Make sure ADB and Fastboot are configured on your PC. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK. This is important!
2 – Connect Your Mate 8 to the PC with a USB cable and install ADB drivers.
3 – Download Twrp Recovery For Mate 8 and copy/paste it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
4 – Go to Fastboot/Bootloader mode now. How? Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click & Open Command Prompt).
5 – Type in the following command and press Enter.
adb reboot bootloader
6 – Your Mate 8 should be switch OFF and then boot into the Fastboot Mode. Once the drivers are installed, proceed below.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can also enter Fastboot Mode by switching OFF your phone first. Then turn it ON by holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
fastboot flash recovery twrpnougatdata.img
10 – Since everything is going on well, you can go back to your normal phone by rebooting Huawei Mate 8. Select “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now.
How to Root Huawei Mate 8 on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download and transfer the SuperSU 2.78 file to your phone’s storage.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing process.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System option, select it.