On this, Post today we will be giving you the best steps on How to Unlock Realme 2 Pro Bootloader. So before installing any TWRP Recovery on your Android device, your Realme 2 Pro bootloader must be unlocked first. If you unlock the bootloader of your Realme 2 Pro, you have voided the warranty from the company to you. By Unlocking the Bootloader of your device, you can install recovery, Flash Rooting file or custom ROM.
What is Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs on a device when turning on. This code helps some hardware and then loads ramdisk and the kernel, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff like smartphone, Laptop, and PC. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock their bootloader even though it is an Open Source. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlocking Bootloader allows you to root your android device, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM.
Before Unlockiing your bootloader , I just want to warn you that By doing this, you will loose your warranty and sometime brick your device. So Do read carefully before Unlocking your devce.
Follow the guide below to Unlock Realme 2 Pro Bootloader. Please do read the steps below carefully.
Steps to Unlock Realme 2 Pro Bootloader
- Fill out the bootloader unlocking Form From here
- Download and Install Realme 2 Pro unlock app
- Run the unlock app accept the terms and then Click apply & Close the app
- Wait until You will see unlocking is a successful status on the unlocking app
- Now download the adb and fastboot driver / adb folder
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- The first thing to do is to enable the Developer Option on your device
To Enable the Developer Option, navigate to your Settings then About then Software Information then More then Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to your settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a prompt command by pressing this key (Shift Key + Right Mouse Click)
- Now type the below command in your command prompt window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If your device has been recognized by the above command, proceed to unlock Xiaomi A1 bootloader with the below command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command has been executing, run the below command
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android, and enjoy!