How to Use Snapchat many people use Snapchat to transfer photos and short videos. This is a convenient messenger that has long conquered the world. The main highlight of the application is the self-destruction of messages after reading. Many people are wondering how to use Snapchat on Android. First you need to create an account, after which all its features and effects will open.
Snapchat: what is it and how to use Snapchat Snapchat is a messenger that focuses on the processing of pictures and videos. The concept and possibilities that the application gives have blown up the Internet. Let’s take a closer look at how to log into Snapchat. To join this messenger, it is enough to spend a few minutes installing and studying the interface. You can download snapchat for Android in the Play Market.
Beginning of work
After starting the program will prompt you to register. Click on the button of the same name and create an account:
- Enter a valid e-mail. It is useful for important notifications when recovering or changing your password.
- Write your date of birth. The application can be used by persons at least thirteen years of age.
- Come up with a code to sign in to your account. To be safe, use at least eight characters, including uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Write your unique name (nickname). Think carefully before confirming it, as you can’t change your nickname later on because it’s tied to your account, but changing your display name is pretty easy.
- Enter mobile number. An SMS will be sent to confirm registration.
- Upload an account image. It is advisable to add a personal photo so that your friends recognize you.
- Prove you’re not a robot and click Continue.
How to use Snapchat? First, add friends. This can be done in several ways:
- Scan the phone book. The app will select the contacts of people who have already joined Snapchat. This is the fastest way to add multiple friends at once. If you are concerned about personal data, click “Continue”, and then – Not Allow.
- To find a specific person, enter the username. Click on the ghost icon. In the window that opens, click on “Add friends” → “Add by username”. Enter the nickname of the person you are looking for. To add him as a friend, click the “+” to the right of the profile picture.
- Expand the list by snapcode. This is a unique QR code that is assigned to each user. To add a person to the friend list in this way, in the application settings, click “Add by snap code”. Take a screenshot of the user’s QR image and scan through the built-in service.
In traditional chat, you can send not only text, but also video calls and audio messages. To open a chat, press the button with incoming messages and select the desired contact. Enter a text message and click the send button.
To upload a photo, Snapchat offers the same tools as in other messengers: click “Photo” and select an image from the gallery.
To call a user, in an open chat, press the Phone button once. Doesn’t answer? Send him an audio message by holding the same button. There is no time for special eloquence, since the maximum recording time is 10 seconds.
If you want to make a video call, click Video. Hold the same button to send a 10 second video message.
Create the first snap like this:
- Switch to the front camera by tapping the camera icon at the top of the screen.
- Click on the circle on the bottom bar to take a photo. You will receive the video version if you press and hold the same button.
- If you don’t like the result, click on the cross.
- To set a time limit for viewing Snapchat, click on the “Stopwatch” icon. Then set the time between one and ten seconds.
Snapchat: Effects on Android
The feature of Snapchat is the ability to change and supplement photos and videos. The functionality of the application allows you to adapt many interactive masks to the user’s face in a few seconds.
In addition, additional effects, text, filters, emoticons are superimposed on the image. The Face Swap feature has cheered tens of thousands of people. Let’s figure out how to apply these special effects.
How to use Snapchat? Effects are an integral part of the application.
To tweak a photo or video a little, just swipe to the left. Filters change based on the user’s location. To use them, you need to give the application access to geolocations, and then activate the filters in the settings. It is allowed to apply more than one effect per snap.
Snapchat offers four types of filters:
- Geofilters. They allow you to put the name of the city in which the user is located on top of the photo. You can also post images of artwork approved by Snapchat admins.
- Video filters. Change the playback speed of a Snapchat video or activate rewind, including the audio track.
- Data filter. Displays over the snap information about the battery charge, date and time, air temperature and the speed of the user’s movement.
- Color filters. Change the color scheme of photos and videos.
One of the most popular Snapchat features. With the help of this technology, the user in real time can change his appearance on the screen beyond recognition. Animal masks, zombies, etc. are available. About a dozen free effects are released every day.
Face Swap is a lens variant that allows you to use a friend’s face as a mask on the screen. This can be done in one photo or take a “donor” from an image stored in the smartphone’s gallery. To activate the function, hold your finger on the face image for a few seconds until the list of lenses appears. Scroll to the end of the list and select the yellow icon.
Over the video and photo, you can overlay a text message. How to add it? Click on the media file, write a message using the on-screen keyboard, and click Done.
Stickers and emoticons
How to use Snapchat? Snapchat emoticons and stickers are an integral part of any social network. An unlimited number of such effects can be placed on one photo.
To add a face to the image, click on the icon in the form of a folded sheet. In the window that opens, select an emoticon or swipe left and right to view other categories.
You can add an arbitrary drawing to a photo or video snap. Click on the button in the form of a pencil, choose the color you like and draw whatever you want. When you’re done, click on the same icon again. To cancel the drawing, tap on the green curved arrow.
How to use Snapchat If you liked the music from the Snapchat app, then there is always the opportunity to find it out. To do this, the developers have added the Shazam function. To determine the composition, tap the screen without leaving the application. Using the Snapchat app is not that difficult, the main thing is to figure it out. Minimal experience is required to do everything automatically. There are many effects available in the application that can transform the sent photo or video. Filters, lenses, emoticons, stickers and text will give a lot of positive emotions to you and your friends.