Apple Watch Ultra Siren: One of the unique security features built into the Apple Watch Ultra is the 86-decibel siren. She uses two different sound patterns to call for help, the siren can be heard up to 183 meters away. Here are 4 ways to turn on the Apple Watch Ultra siren, and how to turn it off.
Here’s how Apple describes Siren Ultra:
- When the siren is turned on, your Apple Watch Ultra plays a continuous tone that repeats at regular intervals. It can be heard at a distance of up to 183 meters.
- The watch produces a distinctive high-pitched sound with two distinct alternating and repetitive rhythmic patterns not normally found in nature or the environment.
- The siren is paused in certain situations, such as during phone calls, when a timer or alarm goes off, but not while listening to podcasts or music.
- The siren will sound until you turn it off or the watch battery runs out.
- If possible, do not turn on the siren indoors and do not hold the watch close to your ears while it is sounding.
To see how the Apple Watch Ultra differs from the rest of the Apple Watch models, check out our full comparison:
How to Use the Apple Watch Ultra Siren: 4 Ways
- Ask Siri to “Open the Siren app”
- Now press the red play button
Currently, you cannot use Siri to trigger the siren directly
Open the app to use the Apple Watch Ultra siren
- From the Apple Watch home screen, tap the Siren app (red bullhorn icon)
- Press the red play button to start the siren
Use the side button to activate the siren
- Press and hold the side button on your Apple Watch Ultra
- Move the siren slider to the right to start it.
Use the “Action” button to activate the siren
- Press and hold the Action button to activate the siren countdown and keep holding it until the siren activates.
- Press and hold the Action button on Apple Watch Ultra
- Move the siren slider to the right to start it
How to turn off the Apple Watch Ultra siren
- Open the Siren app
- Tip: press the side button to launch the Dock for quick access to the application
- Press the stop button