What’s New in MIUI 12
Well, everything is new in MIUI 12 for the Xiaomi device users. The much improved Dark Mode 2.0, sensory visual design, all-new system animations, super wallpapers, privacy protection features like device ID reset, app permissions, restrict third-party app telephony, secured sharing control, etc. Meanwhile, the new MIUI 12 also offers AI calling assistant with Mi AI, Xiaomi Health features like health stats, sleep tracking, sync with smart devices, and more.
Additionally, it also brings improved control center with new animated icons. Users will get much-improved accessibility options like Mi Ditto for dictation and speech output. Trip advises stats, traffic details, checklists, alarms, and more while the Mi Carrier Services option has been added that offers SIM balance and mobile data usage details right on your fingertips.
Users can also save frequently used phone numbers to top-up balance or mobile data, etc. All-new redesigned status bar and notification shade included. The weather animations are improved as well, whereas the lite mode offers only necessary items to display on your device to make your life easier. All-new floating shortcut to filter and sort items in the File Manager app has been added. The MIUI 12 also offers improved Calendar, Notes, Security features, Xiaomi Cloud, and more.
Features of MIUI 12
To be very precise, we’ve provided a full list of the MIUI 12 update changelog below that includes all the improvements, changes, and new features.
- Dark Mode 2.0
- Sensory Visual Design
- Super Wallpapers
- New Animations
- New Gestures
- AI Calling
- Enhanced Privacy
- Health tracking
- MIUI 12.
- New: All-new, physically-based animation engines with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use the camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in-app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open the Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features upfront.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
Miui 12 Screenshot
How to Install MIUI 12 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
In order to install the stock MIUI firmware on any of your Xiaomi devices is the same as always. Here we’ve provided all the requirements to follow the process. Then you can download and start flashing your much-awaited MIUI 12 ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- The firmware file is only specific for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Whyred) models. Don’t flash this firmware on any other Xiaomi model.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Ensure to make a full backup of your device data at first.
- Charge your handset more than 50% at least before flashing the firmware.
As always with any alpha/beta/leaked builds. Try it at your own risk.
flash it like you flash other miui ROMs
and looks like i need to mention all the things again for noobs, things which people already know from over one year.
What i did?
i flashed it like any other miui rom. nothing special.
- 1. wipe usual stuff
- Flashed rom.
- flashed decrypt zip