Good News to all ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini users. Now you can now Download and install PIXEL EXPERIENCE Android 9.0 Pie For ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini without any error. Today we will be giving you steps on How to flash the PIXEL EXPERIENCE Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini; this ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Treble Enabled.
The GSI stands for Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that system images can be installed on any device that is Treble-enabled, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to.
The full Credits goes to Phusson the XDA Recognized Developer the man behind the work of Project Treble GSI builds. With the help of Project treble, the Custom ROM development community has completely been boosted. We’ve seen the Mokee OS, Resurrection Remix, PIXEL EXPERIENCE, and Lineage OS has made their way to support most of the budget smartphone based on Lineage, Exynos, Kirin, and other obscure brands.
ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini Key Specs & Features
- Operating System. Android v9.0 (Pie)
- 22 inches (15.8 cm) bezel-less display with a notch.
- Gorilla Glass 5 Protection.
- MediaTek Helio P22 Tru-Octa Core Processor. 4 GB RAM. …
- 13 + 5 MP Dual Rear Cameras. 16 MP Front Camera.
- 3260 mAh battery.
- Rear Fingerprint Sensor which unlocks in 0.23 seconds.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the major update of Google’s Android OS. This OS brings a couple of beautiful design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are Notch Support, Redesigned volume slider, New Quick Settings UI design, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Manual theme selection, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Android 9.0 Pie Feature List
- Adaptive Battery
- Dark Mode
- App Actions
- App Timer
- Adaptive Brightness
- Accessibility Menu
- Easier Text Selection
- New Screenshot Shortcut
- A New Home Button
- New Gesture Navigation
- Easier Screen Rotation
- Notification Details
- Indoor Navigation via Wi-Fi RTT
- An Improved DND Mode
- Lockdown Mode
- An Improved Message App
- All Apps use HTTPS
- The Media Panel
- ART Improvements
- 157 New Emojis
- Wind Down
- Multiple Camera Support
- Wi-Fi MAC Randomization
- WiFi only 5GHZ
- Hotspot (To share hotspot connection with PC, install Pdanet app)
- ROM name: PIXEL EXPERIENCE
- ROM OS version: Android 9.0_r37
- SDK Version: 27
- Status: Stable
- Security patch level: May
- Current Stable Version: Unofficial
- Supported Language: Multi-Language
- Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this ROM
- This ROM will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Don’t worry we are going to share step by step guide to safely
Disclaimer We will not be responsible for any damages to your device that may happen while/after flashing this Android 9.0 Pie. We don’t recommend you to try this ROM as a daily driver. So far this ROM worked smoothly on many devices. This ROM may or may not be completely stable.
How to Flash PIXEL EXPERIENCE Android 9.0 Pie for ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini
Please do follow the below guide to enjoy this Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini.
Flash the GSI PIXEL EXPERIENCE Using ADB Fastboot Method
Now, this method requires you have ADB and fastboot tool setup on your computer.
- Firstly, Download the Generic System Image Pixel Experience Custom Rom for ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini on your computer.
- Next Factory reset your Android device.
- Copy the downloaded GSI Rom your ADB and fastboot folder. Usually, it’s in C Drive, C:\adb.
- While in the ADB folder, hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and then right-click on an empty space inside the folder to give your the following pop up showing on the below image.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
- Enable USB debugging on your device and connect it to the PC.
- Reboot your smartphone into the bootloader mode using this ADB command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to install GSI Rom on your ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini
fastboot flash system “system_img_name”.img
- In the above command, replace the system_img_name with the actual GSI Rom file name you downloaded.
- It flashing processing will take a while. After it complete, use the following command to reboot your Android device.
Flash the GSI USing TWRP Method
- Download GSI Android 9.0 Pie Rom.
- Move it to your device external or internal storage.
- Switch off your device then > Press the following Combo Power + Vol Down button to boot into your TWRP recovery mode.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, take a backup of your current Rom using TWRP.
- In the TWRP menu, To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini.
- Now go back to TWRP Menu then click on the install button you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- After the installation is done
- Reboot your device and enjoy the wonderful PIXEL EXPERIENCE Android 9.0 Pie for ZTE Nubia Z18 Mini!
PIXEL EXPERIENCE ROM and Gapps Package: