Good News to all Lenovo S5 users. Now you can now install TWRP Recovery and root Lenovo S5 device without any error. Today we will be giving you steps on How to flash the Recovery for Lenovo S5 and then Root your device.
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery Official known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen interface which allows users to install custom firmware and backup their current Rom, which is often unsupported by official stock recovery images.
This TWRP Recovery for Lenovo S5 is working fully fine and can be used to flash custom ROMs and make full backups. Full touch is also working ok for easy navigation. For those who want to root by flashing Magisk. Find out more features when you install it the Recovery for your Lenovo S5.
To Root Lenovo S5 we are going to be using the Adb Tool Mode with TWRP recovery for Lenovo S5. It will be wise you read the post very well before flashing the recovery to avoid any errors or brick of the device. I believe many using this device have googled on how to root their device without getting any good result to worry not with this ported recovery you can now root your device in a minute and get the freedom you need to explore your device the way you like it. Read the tutorial below to the end so that you can root Lenovo S5.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed. Wikipedia
The TWRP features an attractive user interface (UI), and by the following the step by step guide you can install TWRP for your Lenovo S5. You can download TWRP Recovery for Lenovo S5 from the links provided in this post. The steps given in this post is merely for installing and rooting TWRP on Lenovo S5, you are advised not to use this file for any other Android device.
If you would like to unleash the full potential of your Lenovo S5, then flashing the TWRP Recovery and rooting is the main concern. The official Stock firmware of your device has unsupported and limited features of Customization. When you have TWRP recovery flashed and rooted, you are free to install any Xposed, Custom ROMs, custom Kernel and Mods which needs root access for it to work properly.
TWRP Recovery Advantage
- Easy to use Xposed Modules’
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
WHAT DOES ROOTING MEAN?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting in Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android device to perform the unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Lenovo S5, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your Android device. By Rooting your device you void the brand warranty give to you but don’t worry, you can restore or unroot your device warranty any time without any issues.
To flash the TWRP Recovery, your Lenovo S5 bootloader must be Unlocked. That means you have to unlock the bootloader before rooting it for any customization.
You must have to ensure that before rooting your device, you must have understood the method very well and you agree disclaimer policy to proceed further on your risk.
- Your device Should be Charged
Your device must be charged 70% at least else; it may lead to complications when flashing the TWRP recovery and rooting your device.
- Back Up Your device
If you are going to root your device, it is a wise you make back up of your files in your device. Make a back up of all your media file like videos, images and music to your PC and your contacts on Cloud (Gmail).
- Enable USB Debugging
You must enable the USB debugging option by going to Settings>> Applications>> Developer options.
What’s new in 3.2.3-0:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Recovery Name: Team Win Recovery Project
- Recovery Version: v3.2.3-0
- PitchBlack version: v2.8.1
- Recovery Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: Unofficial
- Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
Things You Need
We are not responsible if you brick your phone in the process of flashing the recovery.
Install Recovery For Lenovo S5
- Download the Twrp Recovery From the below link,
Download ADB folder and Fastboot driver Installer.
- Go to Setting>About Phone>type 7 time Build number > Back>Developer Option and Enable Device Debugging And Oem Unlock.
- Now Install Correct ADB and fastboot Driver on Your PC
- Go to ADB folder then connect your device the to PC Via USB cord
- Type Cmd at the top URL bar of your drive C to bring the Command Layout
- Then type this command Adb Reboot bootloader
- Your Device should boot into Fastboot Mode
- The recovery you downloaded (Rename to it to recovery) then move to the adb Folder.
- Now type this Command Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The above command will make ADB flash the Recovery you copied to Adb folder
- Now type this Command Fastboot Reboot to reboot your device to normal Mode
Vola you have successfully flash the TWRP recovery on your device so next thing to do is to root Lenovo S5 if it is not rooted.
How to fix 0Mb on internal storage
After flashing TWRP recovery you will get the 0mb internal storage problem, follow the below steps to fix that.
- Boot into your device TWRP recovery by using the Ad command prompt Fastboot reboot recovery or Power and volume up button, after the splash screen, you’ll see another screen requesting a password to decrypt your data, just hit back to continue to TWRP Recovery main screen.
- Navigate to the wipe section and tap on format data. They yes in the next screen to proceed with this.
- Once data has been formatted, reboot your device back into TWRP recovery and not system take note that this step will wipe all things om your device. Don’t make the mistake of letting it boot into the system.
- Now, once your device is booted back into TWRP recovery, check your internal storage now, it should display the amount of storage you have.
Next is flashing the no-verity-opt-encrypt and Magisk file
Still, on the TWRP Recovery Mode connect your device to the computer via USB copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt and Magisk file to your device.
How To Root Lenovo S5
Make sure that you have downloaded the Magisk. Then, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Transfer the downloaded Magisk/SuperSU file to the internal storage or Mcard of your smartphone.
Step 2: Now, boot into Recovery Mode. From the TWRP recovery interface, you are recommended to backup your device Stock ROM if in case the process gets failed, you can restore your Stock ROM back via the TWRP Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Click on the Install‘, and navigate to the file no-verity-opt-encrypt and Magisk file’ and swipe to confirm the flash for both files. The flashing process should start it will take some seconds to complete.
Congratulations, now you have rooted your Lenovo S5 and also have TWRP Recovery installed. Now, you can now install the Xposed Framework, and customise your device as per your preference. If you wish to verify that your device is rooted, download Root Checker app to check your device Root Status.
I believe with this tutorial Rooting your Lenovo S5 will not be a problem for you at all.
SHARING THIS POST WILL COST YOU NOTHING BUT HELP US MORE
Please do a comment after flashing the recovery this motivates us to do more.
TWRP Recovery For Lenovo S5