Twrp Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi K20 With Snapdragon 730 chipset. Good News for all Xiaomi Redmi K20 users. Now you can now install this TWRP Recovery to your Xiaomi Redmi K20. Today we will be guiding you on How to Install the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi K20 and then Root your device.
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery Official known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen interface that allows users to install custom firmware and backup their current Rom, which is often unsupported by official stock recovery images.
This TWRP 3.3.1 Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi K20 is working fully fine and can be used to flash custom ROMs and make full backups. Full touch is also working ok for easy navigation. For those who want to root by flashing SuperSu, this is a recommended custom recovery. Find out more features when you install it this TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi K20.
To install this TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi K20 we are going to using the Sp Flash Tool or Adb Mode. It will be wise you read the post very well before flashing the recovery to avoid any errors or brick of the device. Read the tutorial below to the end so that you install this Xiaomi Redmi K20 TWRP Recovery.
The most famous custom recovery for Android, the TeamWin Recovery Project (or simply TWRP), received an update to version 3.3. The new release does not bring many new features but fixes the most annoying flaws of the older version. Flash this awesome recovery to your device to change the boring old recovery from your device. Download and enjoy the TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi K20.
The TWRP features an attractive user interface (UI), and by following the step by step guide you can install TWRP for your Xiaomi Redmi K20. You can download TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi K20 from the links provided in this post. The steps given in this post is merely for installing and rooting TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi K20, you are advised not to use this file for any other Android device.
WHAT DOES ROOTING MEAN?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting in Android means nothing but jail breaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android device to perform the unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Xiaomi Redmi K20, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
If you would like to unleash the full potential of your Xiaomi Redmi K20, then flashing the TWRP Recovery and rooting is the main concern. The official Stock firmware of your device has unsupported and limited features of Customization. When you have TWRP recovery flashed and rooted, you are free to install any Xposed, custom ROMs, custom Kernel and Mods which needs root access for it to work properly.
The Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to use Xposed Modules’
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Recovery Name: Team Win Recovery Project
- Recovery Version: v3.3.1
- Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: Unofficial
- Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
What’s new in 3.3.1-0:
* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao * Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff * Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy * Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy * Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff
What’s new in 3.3.0-0:
- Merge AOSP 9.0 r3 (Dees_Troy)
- Use ANDROID_ROOT variable instead of hard coding to /system (CaptainThrowback)
- Decrypt FBE on 9.0 and metadata decrypt (Dees_Troy)
- vold decrypt updates (CaptainThrowback and nijel8)
- Support vibration on LED class devices (notsyncing)
- Metadata decrypt support for Pixel 3 (Dees_Troy)
- Support rotating the display via build flag (vladimiroltean)
- Reboot to EDL mode button (mauronofrio)
- Support MTP on FFS devices (bigbiff)
- Update FDE decrypt to support keymaster 3 and 4 (Dees_Troy)
- Detect mkfs.f2fs version to properly format on f2fs partitions (Dees_Troy)
- Allow TWRP to use md5 and sha256 checksums for zip installs (bigbiff)
- TWRP can use /data/cache/recovery and /persist/cache/recovery on AB devices with no cache partition (bigbiff)
- Switch part of advanced menus in TWRP to use a listbox of options (Dees_Troy)
- Use magiskboot to allow repacking boot images for installing TWRP (Dees_Troy with thanks to topjohnwu of course)
Things You Need
We are not responsible if you brick your phone at the process of flashing the recovery.
Flash the Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi K20
- Download the Twrp Recovery From the below link,
Download ADB folder and Fastboot driver Installer.
- Go to Setting>About Phone>type 7 time Build number > Back>Developer Option and Enable Device Debugging And Oem Unlock.
- Now Install Correct ADB and fastboot Driver on Your PC
- Go to ADB folder then connect your device the to PC Via USB cord
- Type Cmd at the top URL bar of your drive C to bring the Command Layout
- Then type this command Adb Reboot bootloader
- Your Device should boot into Fastboot Mode
- The recovery you downloaded (Rename to it to recovery) then move to the adb Folder.
- Now type this Command Fastboot boot recovery.img
- The above command will make ADB flash and boot the Recovery you copied to Adb folder
Vola you have successfully flash the latest recovery on your device so next thing to do is to root Xiaomi Redmi K20 if it is not rooted.
You can also flash this TWRP 3.3.1 Recovery via your old version TWRP recovery is just simple
The Advantage of Rooting:
- You will get access to all the files on your Xiaomi Redmi K20 device, including the files which are present in the root directory of your phone.
- By Rooting your Xiaomi Redmi K20, you can Delete, View or Edit any system file inside your root directory.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- You can increase the battery life by underclocking
- You will be able to install Custom Recovery and Custom ROM you like LineageOS, CyanogenMod, MIUI, FlymeOS, and many other.
- You can also block Ads on applications such as Youtube and other game related applications.
- Uninstall the Bloatware on your Xiaomi Redmi K20.
Flash the No verity opt Encrypt Disabler before rooting via your Twrp recovery to allow you to update your phone and avoid brick
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi K20
Make sure that you have downloaded the Magisk/SuperSU file. Then, follow the steps below.
- Transfer the downloaded Magisk/SuperSU file to the internal storage or Mcard of your Smartphone.
- Now, boot into Recovery Mode. From the TWRP recovery interface, you are recommended to backup your device Stock ROM if in case the process gets failed; you can restore your Stock ROM back via the TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Click on the Install‘, and navigate to the file ‘Magisk/SuperSU.zip file’ and swipe to confirm the flash (located at the bottom of your screen). The flashing process should start it will take some seconds to complete.
Congratulations, now you have rooted your Xiaomi Redmi K20 and also have TWRP Recovery installed. Now, you can now install the Xposed Framework, and customise your device as per your preference. If you wish to verify that your device is rooted, download Root Checker app to check your device Root Status.
I believe with this tutorial to Root Xiaomi Redmi K20 and install Twrp recovery will not be a problem for you at all.
SHARING THIS POST WILL COST YOU NOTHING BUT HELP US MORE
Please do leave a comment after flashing the recovery this motivates us to do more.
TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi K20
Unofficial TWRP 3.3.1 Recovery – RU and Eng
Unofficial TWRP 3.3.1 Recovery @nikk3d – Multilingual
Unofficial Pitch Black Recovery @nikk3d
OrangeFox Recovery Official R10
TWRP Recovery for Android Q