On this, Post we will be giving you guidance on How to Unlock BLU G9 Pro Bootloader. So before installing TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery on your BLU G9 Pro device, your BLU G9 Pro bootloader should be unlocked first. If you unlock the bootloader of your BLU G9 Pro, you have voided the warranty from the company to you. By Unlocking the Bootloader of your device, you can install recovery, Flash Rooting file or custom ROM.
BLU G9 Pro Spec
BLU G9 Pro is powered by the Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60 Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 + 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53) processor. The smartphone comes with a 6.3 inches IPS LCD and 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution.
The rear camera consists of a 16 MP + 20 MP (wide) + 5 MP depth sensor lenses.
The front camera has a 24 MP (wide) sensor. The phone’s sensors include Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass.
The smartphone is fueled by a non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery + Fast battery charging 18W + Fast Qi wireless charging 10W.
The phone runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) + planned upgrade to Android 10.0.
The BLU G9 Pro comes in a single color Nightfall. It features 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs on every device when turning on. This code helps initializes some hardware and then loads ramdisk and the kernel, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before Unlocking your bootloader, I just want to warn you that By doing this, you will lose your warranty and sometimes brick your device. So Do read carefully before Unlocking your device.
Follow the guide below to Unlock BLU G9 Pro Bootloader, please you are warm not to try this on other smartphones. This method to unlock BLU G9 Pro bootloader is simple to follow. please do read the below steps below carefully.
How to Unlock BLU G9 Pro Bootloader
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on BLU G9 Pro. Official Bootloader Unlock for BLU G9 Pro will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock BLU G9 Pro bootloader, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
What you need:
- This Update is only for BLU G9 Pro users.
- You need a Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% battery.
- Techswizz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the adb and fastboot driver / adb folder
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps to Unlock BLU G9 Pro
- The first thing to do is to enable the Developer Option on your device
- To Enable the Developer Option, navigate to your Settings next About then Software Information then More then Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to your settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a prompt command by pressing this key (Shift Key + Right Mouse Click)
- Now type the below command in your command prompt window
- If you see a pop-up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboot into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers are installed properly.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If your device has been recognized by the above command, proceed to unlock Tecno Camon 11 bootloader with the below command:
Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command has been executing, run the below command
- The phone will reboot. Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android, and enjoy!