On this, Post we will be giving you guidance on How to Unlock Lenovo Z5 Bootloader. So before installing TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery on your Lenovo Z5 device, your Lenovo Z5 bootloader should be unlocked first. If you unlock the bootloader of your Lenovo Z5, you have voided the warranty from the company to you. By Unlocking the Bootloader of your device, you can install recovery, Flash Rooting file or custom ROM.
Lenovo Z5 Spec
- Platform: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Aurora, Blue
- Dimension: 153 x 75.7 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 165g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.2-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 2246 x 1080 pixels (402 ppi)
- Screen Protection: –
- Rear Camera: Dual 16MP + 8MP camera, 1080p [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, 720p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.2 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
- Battery: 3, 300mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code which runs on every device when turning on. This code helps initializes some hardware and then loads ramdisk and the kernel, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as Laptop, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before Unlocking your bootloader, I just want to warn you that By doing this, you will lose your warranty and sometimes brick your device. So Do read carefully before Unlocking your device.
Follow the guide below to Unlock Lenovo Z5 Bootloader, please you are warm not to try this on other smartphones. This method to unlock Lenovo Z5 bootloader is simple to follow. please do read the below steps below carefully.
How to Unlock Lenovo Z5 Bootloader
Now you can unlock bootloader easily by following this simple guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5. Official Bootloader Unlock for Lenovo Z5 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock Lenovo Z5 bootloader, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
What you need:
- This Update is only for Lenovo Z5 users.
- You need Laptop or PC.
- Working USB Cable.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% battery.
- Techswizz.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the adb and fastboot driver / adb folder
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
The Best Steps to unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5:
- Go Here Enter Require Device Details Like IMEI, Serial Number & Email address.
- Now Click Submit the application. Wait until You Will Receive your unlock_bootloader.img File via Email
- On your Phone Enable developer options. (Press the Build Number 7 times to bring the Developer options)
- Enable usb Debugging and Oem unlock From Developers Options
- Download & Install adb fastboot Driver
- Setup Adb tools From Here
- Now Move the unlock_bootloader.img File into the Adb tools folder
- Reboot your device into bootloader then Connect to PC with USB
- Go to Adb Folder and on top address bar type cmd and hit enter
- on Command Window type below code to unlock the bootloader
fastboot flash unlock unlock_bootloader.img
- Done. Your Phone Start itself With factory Reset.